Will My People Cope in these volatile times?
“I am fearful that sending my people home to work, when they are so used to coming to the office, will see them lose their way and become stuck. We may very well lose them.” Company Director Heading Human Resources who did not wish to be named.
Uncertainty Creates Fear and Hopelessness:
- When fearful, people cannot keep attention on tasks.
- People become pre-occupied and distracted
- May lose self-care and in doing so, lose care for others
- Motivation can be completely lost
- People can seek distractions to block negative feelings:TV, Gaming etc
- People become more likely to abuse alcohol and recreational drugs
- Often People are more likely to be involved in or create conflict
- May lead to a tendency to “fake” working – dishonesty is self-degrading
- Can create tendencies for self-sabotaging behavior
- People can become unproductive and may even retard the progress of others
- Working from home can lead to isolation, disconnection, and loneliness.
“Having Fearful, Isolated and Disconnected employees is a risk at this time but doesn’t have to be a given. We can create better.”
To Eliminate Fear, Reactiveness and Negativity, Our Program
- Will shift your people into a more flexible view point
- Explore with participants the challenges brought about by modern living
- Show the participants how to re-discover their resilience.
- Explore what makes human beings thrive and find happiness
- Significantly reduce or even eliminate employee stress
- Inspire a willingness to create change
- Re-connect participants with their sense of purpose, a bigger mission in life
- Re-connect them to the mission of the organisation to find greater value
- Support Participants to be more mindful and build skills to remain present.
- Deliver reasonable, simple to use tools and tips that help to create a happy life
- Inspire We attitudes to help a person focus on living for the benefit of others
- Deliver genuine strategies for living a positive life with an attitude of kindness,generosity and compassion,especially in this time of crisis.
The connection between gut and brain is extraordinary?
Poor gut health leads to downward spiral, negative thinking.
Resilience & Mental Health Program
Introduction to the Seminar:
Who is responsible for my life? Me! That is Simple! But am I taking responsibility for my life? Now the question creates explanations and reasons.
When things change as dramatically as they have in the past few weeks, we can get thrown off centre, become confused and fear the future as our old map no longer works. What are we going to do?
A successful and resilient life can be lived by any person who’s willing to be personally responsible, and able to explore how they are viewing their life.
A problem viewed from one perspective can be a monumental hurdle. From another perspective, it is a fascinating and exciting challenge. Modern living has made many of us lazy, unwilling to see a problem as a challenge, as a potential adventure that may enrich our life.
The Aim of the Seminar:
To take people back a step from modern living and look at the nature of life, to explore different perspectives. What is the difference between the third world person who find happiness and contentment, tending a small garden plot to grow vegetables, and the modern-day Westerner who is dissatisfied whilst living in comfort and opulence? There are many answers in this exploration
Is this situation Armageddon or Interruption?
The seminar starts out with some quick and additional tips for reducing one’s risk of infection. We then take a look at human life and how it has changed over the past 200 years. It looks at the nature of life, survival and the role of struggle. It then explores the nature of challenges, good and bad, and clarifies the purpose of challenges and how to approach them. It explores the importance of self-improvement and growth and where challenges fit into this critical aspect of life.
During this program, your people will gain deep clarity into what it means to be resilient, how they have lost their resilience, and how resilience lays hidden in the willingness and ability to change one’s perspective.
We then look at the nature of emotions, particularly love and fear, and how the ego is developed. We address how the ego behaves and sustains itself and then look at what it takes to move beyond the ego and evolve.
The program then calls upon some old wisdom to create a path to happiness and a feeling of strong self-worth.This includes making positive contributions to family, workplace and community.
Finally, we link this to work and explore how each contributes to the culture, and how to create a cooperative and cohesive working environment. We then explore the benefits of building powerful, aligned teams and communities.
Finally, we inspire your people to become the leaders in their community who will help others to cope,thrive and get back on top of their lives.This is a powerful and life changing seminar.
Workplace Seminars, Webinars, Resources & Workshops
- Fatigue Prevention
- Mental Health
- Stress Prevention
- Culture Change
- General Wellbeing
- The Care Culture
- High Performance
- Teams and Leaders
The Exciting Wide Awake App
A powerful Education Program in the Palm of Your Hand. It contains powerful modules, comprising a variety of audio programs and easy-to-read articles,taking your employees on a journey to effective fatigue prevention and personal wellbeing.
At the end of each module there is a quiz. Wrong answers set the employee directed back to the content the question came from. Monthly collective progress reports are emailed to your nominated Safety Rep.
ACN: 162 642 097
Post Seminar Resources
Following the presentation, employees receive a comprehensive email containing extensive helpful resources.
- Single 2 Hour Seminar: $2,900:00 plus GST
- Half Day – Up t 2 Seminars: $3,800:00 plus GST
- Full Day – Up to 3 Seminars: $4,500:00 plus GST
Multiple Seminar packages also available. Client is responsible for funding all travel and accommodation.
*Please call for prices for Virtual Events.
About John Toomey
John Toomey is one of Australia’s leading Health Educators. Holding a Degree in Physical Education, John has worked in many diverse are as involving Health, Fitness and Sport. Since 1982, he’s served in High Performance roles at seven AFL Clubs. He has also worked with a variety of other Professional Sports Clubs in Leadership and Culture Development.
He has been working in and leading the way in the Health Education sector since 1980 and completed over 20,000 hours study in this field.
As a professional speaker and trainer,he has presented over 3000 seminars in the corporate arena in Australia,NZ, the US and South East Asia. He has published over 500 articles,including publications like Wellbeing Magazine, The Melbourne Age, The Melbourne Herald Sun,The Huffington Post, Thrive Global and Chopra Global.
John is an in-demand expert commentator in Australian radio.
From an Academic standpoint, John has lectured in Physical Education at Victoria University and taught Wellness in Monash University’s school of medicine. From 2012-17, he served as a member of the Course Advisory Board at RMIT’s School of Health Sciences.
In 2013, he was asked to address a fatigue and culture problem for a QLD Blast & Drill company. Researching official guidelines on Fatigue on prominent industry,regulatory and safety sites, he was stunned by what wasn’t being said.
Taking his wealth of knowledge from years of conditioning athletes and in the corporate arena, he created his now World Renowned Fatigue Prevention Program.